Friday, May 30, 2008

MUSIC REVIEW: Beach House

"DEVOTION"

Released: February 26, 2008
Label: Carpark Records

Carolyn: Let's have a candid discussion right now about Beach House's "Devotion."
Laura: I haven't listened to it that much, but I don't really like it. I know that's probably the wrong answer according to Pitchfork. What do you think, Carolyn?
C: Hold on a second.
L: How candid can it be if you're typing it as we're speaking? Write that down. Have me say "write that down"!
C: IT'S SO META.
L: Back to the real topic. What do you actually think?
C: I think... OK. Well. I like the band...
L: They're from Vassar, you know.
C: Yeah, I know.
Sanger: They went to Vassar?
L: Yeah. She was a drama student.
S: Ew.
C: Ok. I like the band, but I didn't like the album.
L: Why?
C: Every song sounded the same.
L: I concur.
C: This review will probably alienate some of our readers.
L: I kind of liked that about the last album. I listened to it a lot on the Metro North. It was nice to listen to it and look at the river. That one song was so good.
C: Alright, let's wrap up this conversaysh.
L: That's a good enough ending for me.
C: ...By the way, Zach loved it.
L: For realz? He would.

No comments: